Let’s drive this thing to Sonic, Mom!!
Friday, October 30, 2009
We found this little stray cow at the pumpkin patch today and decided to bring him home!! haha!
We ventured out to the pumpking patch in Flower Mound today for some cute fallish pics of Grant. It was hard to get him to smile b/c he was so busy checking out all of the kids The place was packed!! Lots of last minute pics being taken before Halloween is over. Of course, it was really muddy from all the rain we have had. Good thing Grant wasn’t too sure about the grass on the ground or he would have been crawling in mud! Yuck! I am kinda thinking that next year we will have a Sharp family pumpkin patch in the back yard and avoid the crowds, swine flu kiddies and mud!
A spooky tree…see the face??
A pumpkin house
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Grant has started Water Tots at the city’s indoor pool!! Don’t worry, the water is heated like a bath tub. He has so much fun doing it. He is the youngest in his class, so all of the other kids are much more advanced than he is. While the other students are kicking, blowing bubbles and scooping water with their hands, Grant excels at splashing or patting the water, getting mommy’s hair wet and swallowing the water! We go every Monday and Wednesday and the class lasts about 25 minutes. Grant really enjoys watching the other kids and “talking” to them.
On another note, Grant starting using the /b/ sound today!! babababa!!!!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Grant loves “helping” me with the loading and unloading of the dishwasher. The minute he hears me opening it he takes off crawling towards it. I just hope that his love for helping me with dishes will last as he gets older!! haha!! I remember the chore list my mom would leave me during the summer and I always hated it when it would say “wash the dishes!!!” May you always be such a eager helper, Grant!!
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Grant at 9 months:
Weight: 19.6 lbs
Height: 30 in
- Sleeping great still, bedtime around 9:30 and up by 8:30. Takes a long 2 hour morning nap and a shorter afternoon nap.
- Is teething!! He got his first tooth about 2 weeks ago. It is on the bottom and he loves to bite my fingers with it!! ouch!
- Still breastfeeding about 5 times per day. Eating baby food 2-3 times per day. Will eat pretty much anything I give him, except he doesn’t seem to like plain baby cereal very well. I get a “yuck” face when I give him that so I usually mix it with mashed banana. He is coming along with his self feeding. I am constantly wondering what the limit is with Puffs!! I think he could eat the whole container!!
- Is crawling EVERYWHERE and pulling up on ANYTHING!! He gets faster everyday and will disappear out of my sight in no time if I don’t watch him closely. He can pull all the way up to standing.
- Loves to explore his surroundings and new rooms in the house that he hasn’t been into lately.
- Says mama a lot!
- This boy loves: watching cars/kids/dogs outside the front window, sitting outside with dad, the dishwasher and oven( I think b/c he can see his reflection in them), puffs, opening and closing doors, the TV remote, wires, “helping” me eat my afternoon yogurt, skyping the grandmothers, feeding the ducks, books, standing up in his crib when he is supposed to be taking a nap, paper
- He had his first cold this past week. I was so dreading that first sickness, but know that we were blessed that we had 9 months of wellness!!
- Has moved from the baby bathtub to the yellow ducky tub. (see the pic below in a previous post)
- Is scared of the vacuum! So cute!!
- His eyes are definitely green now. Collin and I both have green.
- His hair is starting to thicken on the top and looks blondish/brownish/reddish. We still aren't sure what color it will turn out to be.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
And it’s been no fun!! All 3 of us had it!! Mostly a upper respiratory infection with coughing, runny nose and congestion. It’s awful having a sick baby!! He didn’t feel good AND he has been teething!! The first pearly white made an appearance 2 Saturdays ago on the bottom left.
My camera is acting up right now so I’ll post some pics as soon as I can!