Here is my little helper! He loves to stand at the opened dryer and push the button that turns the light on and off.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
Wow!! How did we already get to 11 months!! In just a few short weeks my baby will be one!!
Grant at 11 months:
- 21.4 lbs
- Can walk with us holding his two hands out in front of him. He just started this a couple of days ago. He is walking along the furniture and will sometimes let go and stand alone. He loves to cruise around the house with his baby walker…he is getting fast at it!! He always has the biggest smile when he does it and makes a sound like he is saying “yea!!”
- Is a speed crawler!
- Has two teeth now, both on the bottom front
- Will wave bye bye. He does this at the most random times, like crawling down the hallway.
- We took our first out of town trip without Grant. Collin had a business trip to Vegas and I decided to tag along and get some much needed R&R! We were gone 3 nights and Grant was well taken care of by BOTH grandmas! He did great! No problem with taking a bottle and resumed nursing when I got back!
- Is eating just about anything we put on his tray. Seems to love meat the best. When he sees me or Collin at the table with food, he will crawl over to us, pull up on our legs and “beg” for us to share.
- We finally graduated from the infant tub and started putting him in the big bathtub and he seems to really like it. He has even survived one slip already!
- This child has NO set napping and/or bedtime schedule!! He pretty much takes a morning nap around 11:00 am every morning, but you never know if he is going to bless his mommy with an afternoon nap too. As far as bedtime goes, usually down around 9-10:00 but for the past two months has been waking once in the middle of the night to eat. Before that he would always sleep through the night. Growing boy, teething??? Who knows!!
- Is still in size 3 diapers and wearing 9, 12 and 18 months clothing.
- Loves to open/close doors and cabinets. We had to baby proof the kitchen cabinets about a month ago.
- Will “dance” to music by bouncing up and down to the beat. So cute!
- Is becoming a little chatterbox: dadada, mamama, bababa, the /n/ sound and sometimes the /g/ sound
- Loves his dad! When Collin is home in the office I can hardly keep Grant from crawling up to the office to see his dad. And sometimes he will sit at the front door and I swear it’s like he is waiting for Collin to get home.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
We went to Austin last weekend to visit Collin’s brother, Clay and our dear friends, Mikalah and Jarrod.
Here they are in front of their beautiful home.
At Clay’s church where he sings in their worship band. Collin is up there with Grant talking to Clay before they started. Grant was moved by his solo and tried to sing along!!
On the way home we stopped in Waco to visit my alma mater, Baylor. Grant was mesmerized by the bear!! Good thing there is a thick piece of glass and a sturdy fence, b/c that bear looked hungry!! Sic em!!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Hang on, little cow!
Here is Grant and our next door neighbor’s newest little one, Preston. He is 3 weeks and a couple of days here. Grant looks like he is telling P to “wake and smile, little dude, we are getting our picture taken!!”
“Mom, P won’t wake up!!!”
Taking a Halloween night cruise in the car.
Friday, October 30, 2009
We found this little stray cow at the pumpkin patch today and decided to bring him home!! haha!
We ventured out to the pumpking patch in Flower Mound today for some cute fallish pics of Grant. It was hard to get him to smile b/c he was so busy checking out all of the kids The place was packed!! Lots of last minute pics being taken before Halloween is over. Of course, it was really muddy from all the rain we have had. Good thing Grant wasn’t too sure about the grass on the ground or he would have been crawling in mud! Yuck! I am kinda thinking that next year we will have a Sharp family pumpkin patch in the back yard and avoid the crowds, swine flu kiddies and mud!
A spooky tree…see the face??
A pumpkin house