Grant at 8 months:
- Weighs around 19 lbs
- Around 29 inches long We will have our next appt in early Oct so we will have true measurements then.
- Grant has decided that he loves to eat now! I worried and worried the past 3 months that he wasn't "on schedule" for eating. Tongue thrust gone, hello food! He loves to eat: sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, prunes, peaches, sucking on mom's piece of watermelon and cantaloupe. He eats twice a day, usually fruit and cereal in the AM and veggies in the PM. He is not able to self feed yet, but loves to practice with the puffs.
- Learning to use the sippy cup, but hasn't quite figured out to turn it up to get anything out.
- Still sleeping well! Bedtime is usually about 9:30 and then up around 8:30.
- Started to CRAWL this past Saturday. He ventures out more and more everyday. He loves to crawl to get the TV remote, cell phone or mom's house shoes with her pink toenails in them. This boy loves electronics!! Baby proofing to begin this weekend! If he's not rolling around the floor then he's crawling!
- No teeth yet.
- Wearing mostly 9-12 month clothing.
- Takes a 1-2 hour nap in the morning around 11 and then about an hour nap in the afternoon.
- Is "talking" more and squeals a lot too. mmmms and aaahhhs
- Had another plane ride last month and did very well!! Slept and flirted with the girl passenger behind us. He is a great traveler!
- There is a certain song that we have sung to him for a long time and he now will try to sing with us. So cute!!
- Loves to play peek a boo with the grandmas on Skype.
- I been teaching him to wave bye bye and he is getting pretty good at it.
- Will give love pats on your arm when asked.
- Loves to sit outside with dad in the evening and watch cars go by. Vroom vroom!! Also, loves to go on walks in his stroller.
Just when Collin and I think we can't love him any more, we wake up the next day and we do!!